FOUNDATION Course Curriculum Outline

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Cancellation letter for Diana Jorgenson/Mia

 

Dog Obedience 1st.com

345 W. Center Street

Central Valley, UT 85754-3009

C: 520-870-1039

 

 

6-23-2026

 

Diane Jorgensen

260 West 85 South

Glenwood, UT 84730

 

Dear Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful email.  I appreciate the respect you’ve shown for my training program.   I do understand how deeply you care about Mia and want to give her every opportunity to succeed. 

After carefully considering your concerns, as well as reflecting on both your handling and Mia’s progress over this past month, I believe it is in everyone’s best interest that we discontinue your participation in my training program. This choice is not one I make lightly.  My choice is based on several key factors. First and foremost is safety.  Mia’s level of aggression presents a significant risk to my trainers and their dogs.  Maintaining a safe training environment always is my highest priority. 

I also believe we have reached a point where our training approaches differ considerably.   I understand your desire to move at a slower pace that you feel is best for Mia, but that is an unrealistic training situation for Mia.  She needs to learn self-control and how to rapidly shift out of Defense Drive (her automatic default) into Social Drive (trusting you to guide her through situations that cause her to erupt into her volatile behavior).  

The KMODT program is specifically designed for a dog’s optimum learning to occur.  It is not designed for the owner’s pace.  As an Advanced KMODT Instruction, I follow the KMODT curriculum as it is a time tested, proven, reliable method to train a dog to acquire self-control.   I don’t feel we are the right fit to help you reach your goals with her.  I don’t believe it would be equitable to you, to Mia, nor for my other students, for Mia to continue.

 I sincerely respect the dedication you’ve shown to Mia. I appreciate your honesty in recognizing the seriousness of her behavior, but it is best we end her training with me at this point.  I am happy to provide a refund as outlined in my Cancellation and Refund Policy.  I will email you a letter tomorrow with the refund details and Venmo you that amount.

I sincerely wish you and Mia the very best moving forward. I hope you can find a program that aligns with the approach you feel is best for her.

 

Best regards, Diana

 

 

 

Roxanne Lee, Owner

Dog Obedience 1st

The Mannerly Puppy

Best Dog Food

C: 520 870-1039

 

NADOI # 1115N (Novice)

National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors

 

Advanced Koehler Method Dog Trainer 

Nationally recognized Koehler Method Dog trainer 

AKC CGC & CGCA Evaluator #88848, AKC S.T.A.R Puppy

AKC Hunt Test Judge # 100966

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment